Guest Author: Susana, iVisa.com
The Indian visa application process is always changing and can be tricky. There are many sites which look “official” offering the Indian eVisas that are scams.
However, to get a one-year eVisa can be easy. If you are unable or prefer not to go to the Embassy and want to manage your visa online, let’s look at two options you have:
- With an authorized agency, like iVisa.com
Advantage: You can request your visa in different languages, you don’t have to deal with the Embassy, and will receive 24/7 support for a small fee.
India is very strict about submitting the information exactly, so iVisa will check everything before sending your application. This will reduce the chance the applications will be rejected. iVisa also offers bussiness and medical visas.
- On the Indian Government website
Disadvantage: The biggest problem is if you make even the smallest mistake, you will have to pay again, as they don’t allow any changes.
Step-By-Step eVisa for India
1. Go to iVisa.com
2. Choose your nationality and visa country (see image).
3. Select your kind of eVisa—Tourist, Business, or Medical—with the green “apply now” button.
4. Fill in the personal information.
5. Tourist, Business, or Medical—Choose standard processing (72 hours) for the cheapest option, or if need your visa quickly, you can go for rush or super rush options.
6. Click the green next button.
7. Check your personal details are correct, fill your payment details and click send.
8. After clicking on “complete now”, a page comes up to add information. You need to make an email and password, enter the information requested and save.
9. Upload your passport copy in PDF format and a photograph in JPEG with a white background.
And it’s done!
You will receive an email confirmation. Then, your visa will come to you via a separate email. When it arrives, you just need to print it and carry it with you during your trip.
- Travelers from more than 160 countries can apply for a Tourist e-Visa, Business e-Visa or Medical e-Visa, depending on the purpose of their visit.
- Applicants will receive their visas via email
- The eVisa allows for multiple entries into India for one year after issued.
- Indian eVisa is non-extendable. Your passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India, and two blank pages.
- The eVisa is valid for entry through 28 designated Airports and five designated seaports. However, travelers can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for six days upon arrival in India.